Today rising was at a comfortable pace, pickup from the hotel here in Yangon is scheduled to be at 1130.

Then we will be taken to the city's Mingalodon Airport.  That is where there allegedly was a cache of buried Spitfires, left there after World War 2.  This story generated much excitement last year in the UK, and fundraising to pay for excavations.  Few were surprised that nothing was found.  I asked our airport handling agent here about this story, he had never heard of it.  Hmmm.

Last night we went to the "Union" a rather western style bar near the harbour.  There was a football quiz being held as a promotion for Heineken, 15 questions with 3 possible answers each.  I got a prize of unlimited free beer, for getting 6 right answers out of 15, which I am proud to point out is slightly better than a completely random choice.  I had, in fact, no idea at all what were the correct answers ....   But I repeatedly pointed out that I was the only contestant drinking Heineken so maybe that helped.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog