Yesterday was a much better day!   We started off at Ahmedabad airport, after a night at the Ummad Hotel (I would recommend!) and breezed through airport security, immigration etc.  Full marks to a sharp-eyed security man who saw that the name on my Newcastle Airfield pilot badge "Peter O Gorman" did not correspond to the name on my passport;  I never saw that myself.   Anyway after Calcutta, Ahmedabad  was a very quick process.

Then we flew across the desert of western India into Pakistan and landed at Karachi for fuel, a 2hour flight.  It was very hot, in the high 30's deg C and there was not much shade.  I got out my umbrella for the first time.  The fuel was delayed being allowed into the airport, various promises came that it would be here in "five or ten minutes", then there was talk of "problems".  Uh uh.

However it did eventually appear in barrels and 305 litres were pumped into the aircraft wing tanks.

Finally we got away with just enough time to get to Bahrain before nightfall.

This worked out, the route was largely over the sea to avoid Iranian airspace, and overhead Fujaira and Dubai City, where The Palm is very obvious, even from 20,000 feet above.

Arriving in Bahrain it felt like we are nearly home!  There is a pleasant atmosphere here and the people are friendly. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog